Deep Fried Turkey: Safety Tips For This Thanksgiving
1. The first thing you want to do is to find a nice, open place to do your cooking. Deep frying a turkey involves using oil over an open flame, which could easily catch fire and pose a considerable risk to anybody nearby. Donít try to cook the turkey indoors, or near any flammable materials.
2. Never leave your turkey unattended. This is a big mistake many novices make, since you typically put your turkey into the oven and then check on it periodically. Make sure to monitor the fryer at all times.
3. Water and hot oil donít mix, so be sure that the turkey is not only fully thawed but has also been dried off.
4. Keep a fire extinguisher nearby.
5. Careful preparation. You need to measure the amount of oil needed beforehand so that the bird is completely submerged in oil, but there isnít too much excess. Place your turkey into the fryer before hand with some water, and mark the line where the turkey is fully submerged.
If you do it right, you should end up with a moist, flavorful, and absolutely delicious turkey that everyone will love!
Article Directory: http://www.articledashboard.com
For more safety tips this Thanksgiving, please visit my site Best Deep Fryer
© 2005-2011 Article Dashboard